Holzer Assisted Living
Today, people are living longer and healthier than ever before. Nevertheless, there comes a time when living on your own can be difficult, you require assistance, and new living arrangements must be considered. For some, this can mean arranging to live with children and grandchildren, for others it may mean the constant support available in a nursing home.
Holzer Assisted Living is one choice that strives to help seniors maintain as much independence as possible while providing assistance when needed. Holzer Assisted Living provides a supportive home for seniors, while maintaining as much independence and dignity as possible for those whose ability to care for themselves may have diminished due to illness, injury, or aging. This is accomplished through a wide variety of services.
Take a Virtual Tour of Holzer Assisted Living
Holzer Assisted Living communities are located in Gallipolis and Jackson, Ohio. These facilities provide a comfortable, homelike environment, along with security, independence, privacy, companionship, and physical and social well-being.
Benefits of Assisted Living
Perhaps the single greatest benefit of Assisted Living is its ability to provide seniors with a sense of independence and self-reliance in a secure and supportive environment. Other benefits of Holzer Assisted Living include:
- Exceptional Facilities
- Modern, clean, and well-maintained apartments, designed with seniors in mind.
- Private kitchenette and bathroom.
- Three prepared meals each day and on-site dietary services.
- Secure Care System for emergency response when needed.
- Familiar Belongings
- Each apartment is furnished by the resident.
- A comfortable environment surrounded by familiar possessions.
- Community Environment
- A comfortable and safe community.
- Close to home and close to town.
- Activity programs, church groups, van rides, and outings.
- Assistance with Daily Living
- 24-hour care, including nursing and nursing assistant services.
- Administration of medications.
- Assistance with daily living, including bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Aid in the household chores necessary to maintain a comfortable and clean environment.
- Medical Therapies and Services
- All medications can be provided through on-site pharmacy services.
- Residents have access to our Medical Director and on-staff physicians as needed.
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
- Quarterly podiatry services are offered.
- Health therapy and hospice services.
Who Should Use Assisted Living?
Assisted Living is an ideal solution for:
- Seniors who require some level of monitoring or supervision. This could be an ideal solution for aging parents.
- Elderly patients who require assistance, supervision, or nurse administration of medications.
- Those who are lonely and need socialization to remain healthy and engaged with life.
- Seniors who may require help with the activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing, and grooming.
- Patients who are having problems with forgetfulness, confusion, or dementia.
- Loved ones for whom it is unsafe to remain at home alone.
There are common misconceptions about assisted living, including that assisted living is not appropriate for persons who require a wheel chair or walker. Some people do not realize that physical, occupational, and speech therapies are available, and still others believe that assisted living is not appropriate for a loved one if they have problems with incontinence.
An assisted living setting can be a welcoming and homelike experience for seniors and the elderly at many stages of both capability and disability.
In order to determine the level of assistance needed, and whether Assisted Living is right for you, it is best to speak with a professional and have them help you in assessing the overall situation. At Holzer Assisted Living, we would be glad to work with you and help evaluate your needs, or the needs of your loved one.
Comfortable & Safe Surroundings
Holzer Assisted Living offers private apartments complete with private baths and kitchenettes, an emergency call system, nursing care, incontinence care, personal care services, therapy services, hospice services, limited skilled care, and much more. Residents bring their own furniture, and can decorate their apartments like home.
In order to determine the level of assistance needed by yourself or a loved one, and whether Assisted Living is right for you, it is best to speak with a professional and have them help you in assessing the overall situation. At Holzer Assisted Living, we would be glad to work with you and help evaluate your needs. Please don’t hesitate to contact either our Gallipolis or Jackson facilities.
View our Bedroom/Living Options
Medical Services & Personnel
Holzer Assisted Living facilities maintain 24-hour nursing and nursing assistant services, ready to aid with all nursing needs, including the administration of medications. Residents have access to our Medical Director and on-staff physicians as needed.
Holzer Assisted Living facilities are able to provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Quarterly podiatry services are offered.
Medications: All medications can be provided through on-site pharmacy services.
Daily Living & Activities
Assistance with Daily Living & Activities
The staff of Holzer Assisted Living is skilled in aiding residents with all the tasks of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and grooming, as well as the household chores necessary to maintain a comfortable and clean environment.
With quality of life a key consideration, Holzer Assisted Living strives to engage our residents in a rich community life, including activity programs, church groups, van rides, and outings.
Three daily meals are served, and special dietary consideration and dietician services are available to residents.
On-site transportation service for local rides is available. Residents who are able to drive may bring their own vehicles to the facility.
Our Home-Cooked Meals
To make dining a pleasurable event, there should be a good mix of delicious, well-prepared food, easy conversation with friends, pleasant surroundings, and a general ambiance conducive to relaxation and enjoyment.
We pride ourselves, and have become quite famous, for our fresh, homemade meals, served 3 times a day. Whether it's pot roast with real mashed potatoes and gravy or one of our simple pleasures like our famous homemade cinnamon rolls, we think you will quickly see what all the fuss is about!
**Special dietary consideration and dietitian services are available to residents.
Who Pays for Assisted Living
Holzer is a provider for the Ohio Medicaid waiver, as Medicaid does pay for assisted living.
Holzer Assisted Living accepts private pay. In addition, veterans may be eligible for a veteran benefit to assist with care costs. Some personal insurances do make benefits available for assisted living.
The costs of assisted living can be significant, and you should carefully consider not only the services you or your loved one needs now, but whether additional services will be required over time, due to increasing disability or even the rising cost of living.