Free Vein Screening from Holzer Vein and Vascular Center!
More than 45 million Americans suffer from venous diseases. Twenty five percent of women and 15 percent of men have the disease, while only 3 percent of these patients have ever been treated.
Holzer offers free vein screenings several times a year at our locations. The next screening is scheduled for Tuesday, January 19, at Gallipolis, Ohio.
Common symptoms of vein disease include:
- Leg pain, even at rest
- fatigue, heaviness in legs
- throbbing, burning, stabbing pain in legs
- cramps, swelling, itching of legs
- restless legs
Chronic venous disease may cause varicose veins, spider veins, swelling, leg skin changes, leg ulcers, and phlebitis or inflammation of leg or arm veins caused by prolonged inactivity. Left untreated, it may lead to blood clots, skin color changes, and chronic ulcers of the legs. Venous Diseases are five times more common than arterial diseases.
Several factors increase the chance of venous disease, including:
- Family history (worse if both parents had it)
- Older age groups
- Gender, women are three times more likely to be diagnosed than men
- Pregnancy, high risk if individual has had several pregnancies
- Jobs that require standing for long periods of time or inactivity
Holzer Health System offers services that can improve venous diseases. Available are:
- Vein mapping
- Management of chronic venous insufficiency
- Compression therapy
- Management of Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Treatment of Varicose Veins and Spider veins
To see if you can benefit from these services, call 740-446-VEIN (8346). Call today to make your appointment for the free screening!