TrueBeam™ Radiotherapy System
The TrueBeam™ system is the latest in non-invasive radiation that provides a powerful cancer treatment that will eliminate cancer cells with increased precision and accuracy while sparing healthy tissue. TrueBeam™ introduces new possibilities for the treatment of cancers in the lung, breast, prostate, brain, head and neck, and more. With enhanced delivery of radiation, TrueBeam™ can personalize each patient’s cancer treatment.
Treatments that once took 10 to 30 minutes may now be completed in less than 2 minutes. Less time means a more comfortable experience for patients as well reduced chances of patient motion during the treatment, allowing less radiation exposure to normal tissues.
Best of all, this machine offers state-of-the-art Stereotactic Body Radiation (SBRT) and Radiosurgery (SRS) treatments. Just like the Cyberknife®, this delivers pinpoint radiation in 1 to 5 outpatient treatments rather than the traditional 30-40 treatments. These treatments are similar to surgery but without cutting or hospital recovery time. Patients can now receive the best and fastest cancer treatment close to home.
Facts about TrueBeam™:
- TrueBeam™ can deliver pin-point radiation with millimeter accuracy in 1 to 5 days rather than 30-40 days.
- TrueBeam™ rotates around the patient to deliver radiation from nearly any angle in an efficient and quiet manner.
- It has 120 computer-controlled "leaves" or "fingers" that create different shapes and sizes. These can move and change during treatment to target the tumor and minimize dose to the surrounding healthy tissue.
- TrueBeam™ uses real time imaging with cone-beam CT to "see" the tumor, using 25 percent less X-ray dose. This means patients are exposed to less X-rays/radiation.
- TrueBeam™ can be used for many forms of advanced treatment techniques including image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Body Radiation (SBRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and RapidArc® radiotherapy technology. Because of this, patients will not have to travel to receive the best treatment for their specific cancer.