Trust Holzer’s team of ophthalmology professionals in Gallipolis, Jackson, and Athens, Ohio, to take care of your eye needs. We offer services ranging from cataract, glaucoma, injury care, and more.
Ophthalmology services include medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the eye.
At Holzer, our ophthalmology services include:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Care
- Glaucoma is an eye disease that can cause blindness, but if it is caught early it can generally be controlled. Glaucoma usually has no symptoms.
- Eye Infections
- Infections may include: Red Eye, Sties, Liquid Pus
- Surgical eye care
- Ocular injuries and foreign body removal
- Dry eye
- Retinal tears
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- AMD is an eye disease that typically affects both eyes. The part of your eye that controls your central vision, the macula, becomes damaged, and your central vision becomes impaired.
- Small incision cataract surgery
At Holzer, our team of providers use state of the art equipment that includes:
- Glaucoma lasers
- Retinal lasers
- Retinal imaging using optical coherence tomography
- Optic nerve imaging using optical coherence tomography
- Ocular imaging using ultrasound
- Fluorescein angiography
- Retinal digital photography
Holzer provides a comprehensive health library to help you and your family live life well. Visit the Holzer Health Library to learn more.