Rely on the Holzer's gastroenterology care team to give you quality treatment for a variety of digestive conditions in Gallipolis, Jackson, and Athens, Ohio. Our professionals provide you with services such as, colonoscopies, endoscopies, and more.
Gastroenterology is the field of medicine concerned with the structure, function, disorders, and the causes and effects of diseases in the digestive system which include the stomach and intestines. At Holzer, we are committed to providing you the highest level of care possible.
At Holzer, we provide the following Gastroenterology services:
- General Gastroenterology
- A colonoscopy is a common procedure that is used to look for the cause of problems or changes in a patient’s bowel.
- Colonoscopies can detect cancer at its earliest stages when it is easier to treat.
- Colonoscopies can also be used to help find the source of abdominal pain, bleeding, and changes in bowel habits.
- A colonoscopy may need to be done once a year, depending on the following factors:
- Health History
- Family Health History
- Results from any previous colonoscopy
- Treatment of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Treatment of Hepatitis
Holzer provides a comprehensive health library to help you and your family live life well. Visit the Holzer Health Library to learn more.