Holzer Hospice is a licensed, certified hospice program providing in-home services and with contracted nursing home agencies to patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families. The program provides medical symptom management by the patient's attending physician in conjunction with an interdisciplinary team of skilled practitioners and volunteers.
Holzer Hospice provides end of life care for adults, children, and their families. The focus of hospice care is to provide comfort and quality of life for those who have a life-limiting illness.
Because serious illness effects everyone involved, Holzer Hospice provides what is known as holistic care, including the whole family as our unit of care. Hospice staff travel to the patient’s residence to provide assistance as needed. Our patients do not require trips to the emergency room because there is a hospice nurse on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency issues.
At Holzer Hospice, our plan of care is developed individually to enhance the quality of life for the patient so that he or she may be able to enjoy the time remaining. We continually monitor our services for each patient to provide the family with the ability to be near their loved one at all times or as desired by them.
Our interdisciplinary team meets on a regular basis to review each patient and family plan so that we may better serve them according to their personal needs and wants.
Our Hospice staff go the extra mile for all of our hospice families. Our dedicated staff believes in the hospice philosophy and makes every effort to treat our patients and families as we would like our own treated in the time of great need.
At Holzer Hospice, our services include:
- Regular consultations with attending physicians and the hospice medical director in order to ensure each patient with quality, comfort care.
- Evaluation by registered nurses for symptom management.
- Home Health Aides provide personal care, homemaker services, and respite for the caregiver.
- Licensed Social Workers provide assistance with emotional support, counseling, and assistance with community resources.
- Trained volunteers assist with errands, household tasks, companionship for patient or caregiver, and/or respite for the caregiver.
- Bereavement or aftercare services to provide emotional support and grief education for families up to 13 months after being bereaved.
- Spiritual support provided by our hospice Chaplain and volunteers.
- Our Community Grief Support Group holds monthly meetings in Gallipolis, Jackson, and Pomeroy, Ohio. Check the Calendar for more information and updates.
Additional Home Care Solutions include Holzer Extra Care personal care services, Lifeline personal emergency response, and Holzer Senior Outreach, providing isolated seniors with reassuring contacts.