Neurology deals with diagnosis, treatment and management of disorders of the brain and nervous system. Our neurology department is skilled in identifying symptoms, diagnosing, treating, and preventing many common neurological disorders. Our highly trained physicians excel in diagnosing and finding the appropriate treatment for a variety of Neurological problems.
Neurological conditions treated include:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s, the most common cause of dementia, causes a series of changes to nerves of the brain and worsens over time.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a condition that affects a child’s nervous system, growth, and development. Signs that your child may have ASD can be detected during the child’s first three years of life.
- Back Pain
- Brain and Spinal Tumors
- Cerebral Palsy
- Epilepsy is a seizure disorder that affects thousands of people ranging from children to adults.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Restless leg Syndrome
- Shingles is a common infection of the nerves that is caused by a virus. Shingles trigger painful rashes or small blisters in a targeted area of the skin.
- Sleep Apnea
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Meet with Holzer's neurology team in Athens, Gallipolis, Jackson or Proctorville, Ohio, for expertise in diagnosing, treating, and preventing common neurological disorders.
Holzer provides a comprehensive health library to help you and your family live life well. Visit the Holzer Health Library to learn more.