What to Expect as a Patient on the Holzer OB Unit During COVID-19
Congratulations on your new pregnancy. The following guidelines are designed to help you and your family understand our routine. Please read over them and if you have questions you can ask a staff member at 740-446-5030.
- We are in the process of becoming a Baby Friendly facility. As a Baby Friendly facility, we have practices in place that help give mother and baby the best start at breastfeeding from day one.
- If you are interested in breastfeeding and would like to receive a breast pump, our lactation consultant can begin the process for you. If eligible, you can get a pump during your third trimester. For more information contact Jeanna Spears 740-446-5647.
- Visiting hours for the OB Unit are 11 am – 8 pm.
- Quiet time is from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. During Quiet time the only people allowed in the postpartum patient room is mom, baby & designated support person. Family members do not have to leave the hospital, but they must leave the unit and can not return until quiet time is over.
- Due to COVID-19, visitors are limited to ONE support person during a 24 hour period.
- All visitors must be fully dressed (shirt, pants, shorts, sweatpants, slacks) including any guest that may stay overnight.