Visit Holzer Health System in Gallipolis or Proctorville, Ohio, to treat your rheumatic diseases. Our physicians treat a wide range of rheumatic diseases, including, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, gout, fibromyalgia, and more.
Rheumatology is a sub-specialty of internal medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that cause pain or inflammation of the joints, muscles, or fibrous tissues. The rheumatologist primarily deals with the treatment of problems in the joints and conditions of related connective tissues.
Rheumatic diseases treated include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that typically affects the joints but can affect other parts of the body as well.
- Inflammatory myopathies
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Gout is a condition that causes inflamed, painful joints.
- Fibromyalgia causes pain in specific areas of the body, stiffness, and fatigue.
- Joint injections and aspirations
- Tender point injections
- Trigger point injections
- Infusion therapies
- Infusion Therapy is a safe way to take medication or fluids that cannot be taken orally. The medication, instead, flows through a catheter that is placed in a vein or just under the skin on your arm or chest.
Visit Holzer’s Health Library on our website to find out more information regarding the Rheumatic services that we provide.