Visit with one of Holzer’s Sleep Medicine providers in Gallipolis, Jackson, Athens, or Proctorville, Ohio, for a full-service treatment and diagnosis for a variety of sleep disorders. We offer treatment for sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea, and we accept physician referrals to have an overnight sleep study done in our state-of-the-art sleep lab.
Our philosophy has always been to bring excellence in Sleep Medicine to every part of our area.
Some Common Types of Sleep Disorders Treated at Holzer include:
- Sleep Apnea
- Breathing stops repeatedly during sleep, snoring, snorting, and gasping for breath
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- high blood pressure
- morning headaches
- personality changes
- rapid weight gain
- Unable to stay awake despite a good night's sleep
- may experience sudden muscular weakness when emotionally charged, vivid nightmares or momentary paralysis upon falling asleep or awakening
- Nocturnal Myoclonus Syndrome
- Often mistaken for insomnia, legs thrash or move during sleep
- Other symptoms include aching muscles upon awakening and crawling or restless sensations in the legs
What Happens at the Sleep Lab?
First, you will fill out a history and a sleep study form. Then you will be escorted to a comfortable, private room where you are prepared for the overnight sleep study. As you fall asleep, your sleep patterns will be monitored for a minimum of six hours. Shower facilities are available for your convenience.
A sleep study at the Holzer Sleep Disorders lab is an accepted medical procedure and is covered by most third-party carriers. Holzer will assist in determining whether your insurance will cover these procedures.
- Physician Referral: A physician referral is required by most insurances for an overnight sleep evaluation. Your personal physician may refer you for a sleep study. For those individuals without a physician, you may contact our sleep disorders lab, and an appointment will be made for you. Your personal physician may also request an evaluation by our sleep specialist.
More information on the sleep lab is available on the Holzer Sleep Medicine website. All locations can be reached toll free by calling, 1 866 28-SLEEP (1 866 287-5337).
Holzer provides a comprehensive health library to help you and your family live life well. Visit the Holzer Health Library to learn more.