What is EASE?
EASE (Electronic Access to Surgical Events) is a HIPAA compliant software platform for updating and educating families and friends on a loved one's surgery. It is an optional service brought to you by your hospital.
How does EASE work?
Download the app from either Apple or Android Store. After the registration process, a unique EASE code is generated which is then scanned by your healthcare professional to create a secure connection. Soon you will be receiving updates.
What kind of updates are sent?
The hospital's clinical team will choose the content to send you throughout the surgery. You may receive pictures and videos depending on the type of procedure and at the discretion of the clinical team.
Is the EASE app safe?
EASE uses 256-bit encryption to protect all communications as they are sent and received. EASE also abides by the same health care regulations (HIPAA) that your hospital uses to keep your protected health information safe.
Is anything saved on my device?
No. All texts, photos, and videos disappear after 60 seconds of viewing them. Nothing is saved on your device.
- Search "ease applications" in your app store.
- Download the app to the device that you wish to receive updates.
- Click Register a Patient on the connect screen if you are registering for the first time.
- Enter the Patient Information in the registration boxes and click Register to continue.
- Choose your type of updates - texts, pictures and/or videos. Click Continue.
- To add Family/Friends click Invite Contacts, if not click Skip.
- If inviting Contacts, add their names and click on the persons' mobile phone numbers to add them to EASE. Their name will be added to the top. Click Done in the upper right hand corner.
- A Scan Code screen displays a square QR code and EASE code. When you arrive at the hospital, show this to your medical provider for them to scan and begin the EASE session.
- Once you are scanned, click Continue and your invited recipients will receive a four digit access code to join.
- Once you get to the Updates screen you are logged in and ready to receive updates.
At the end of the procedure, please fill out the survey to let the hospital know what you think of this type of communication.