FAQs & Troubleshooting
Questions about virtual visits? Check out our frequently asked questions and troubleshooting tips.
FAQs and Troubleshooting
To schedule a Virtual Visit, call 1-855-4HOLZER (1-855-446-5937).
What You Should Know
Before Your Visit
Before your visit, you'll receive an appointment confirmation email and a reminder message via email or text message, depending on your preferred method of contact on file with the practice (as long as you have previously consented to such messaging with your healthcare provider's office). These messages will include the details of your visit and the URL for access to your telehealth session. The initial confirmation email will also include a link to a pre-appointment device check. This device check gives you the option to test and troubleshoot your device settings any time before your appointment.
On the day of your appointment, the office staff may check you in over the phone prior, at which point, if you're unable to locate the link, you may request that it be re-sent. You may also call the office to request your link to be re-sent.
While You Wait
After clicking the link and verifying your connection, you should:
- Enter your name, to be displayed when your provider joins the call
- Enter the private virtual waiting room and verify the details of your appointment
- Preview and manage your device settings (test audio and video, mute your microphone, or choose a front- or back-facing camera on mobile). Make sure that your camera and microphone access are not blocked in your browser settings).
Join the Call
As soon as your provider joins the room, the visit will begin automatically. Multiple providers may enter and exit the room throughout the visit, as appropriate. The practice staff should inform you when it's time to leave the session, or let you know to stay present and wait for another provider to join the session.
When the visit is over and you leave the athenaTelehealth session, a "Thank you!" message will appear and inform you that you may close the window.
The athenaTelehealth experience works on desktop and mobile, but only via web browser. You don't need to download an application to your device. Browser requirements include:
- Google Chrome on android (latest three versions)
- Safari on iOS 12+ (This feature doesn't support other browsers such as Chrome on iOS)
- Google Chrome (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Microsoft Edge (chromium-based, version 79 and later) for Windows
- Safari (version 12+) on macOS
- Firefox (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
Download the Virtual Visits Guide