Effective May 6, 2021
We will now be allowing two visitors at a time at Holzer Hospital and Clinical facilities. Please see the detailed guidelines below.
- Two (2) visitors can accompany patients seeking care in all ambulatory and acute care facilities.
- For inpatient care facilities, 2 visitors per patient are allowed in a patient’s room at a time.
- Visitors restricted to ages 12 years and older.
- All visitors and patients will be offered a loop mask and asked to use hand hygiene.
- All visitors MUST wear a mask. Visitors unable to wear a mask will not be allowed into the organization.
Assisted Living/Senior Care Visitor Policy
Effective March 24, 2021, per updated guidelines by the state of Ohio, Holzer Senior Care Senior, Holzer Assisted Living - Gallipolis, and Holzer Assisted Living - Jackson are excited to announce that in-person visits with residents are beginning to take place! Visits must be scheduled with the facility in which the resident resides.
To schedule your visit, please call:
· 740-446-5001 for Holzer Senior Care Center
· 740-446-9633 for Holzer Assisted Living Gallipolis
· 740-286-8785 for Holzer Assisted Living Jackson
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
COVID-19 Testing Information
The Ohio Governor's Office announced on June 11, 2020 the intention to expand COVID-19 testing to anyone that wants tested. This expansion of testing is meant to include individuals with no symptoms and without a specific doctor's order.
Holzer Health System has been testing daily with near real-time results for several weeks for patients with symptoms or identified exposure. Currently, we continue to manage our testing capabilities in regard to test-kit supplies that continue to have a greater demand than supply. Therefore, Holzer will continue to test patients under physician directive and will not be able to perform open testing on asymptomatic individuals with no known relevant exposures.
We will continue to test according to established evidenced-based protocols as offered through the guidance of the CDC and office of the ODH. Any individual that does not meet these criteria but continues to desire a test in our region should utilize the following resources to connect to testing facilities within Ohio: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/testing-ch-centers/, or call the Ohio Department of Health.
Holzer continues to monitor COVID-19 concerns, manage supplies for long-term safety, health and welfare of our communities, and offer the healthcare overall services for all citizens of our region.