Pediatrics Visit Walkthrough
Holzer’s Pediatrics departments are here to serve our patients. Our pediatric locations in Gallipolis, Athens, Meigs, and Jackson have reserved 9am-10am for well-child visits only. See below a step-by-step process for a pediatric visit!
- Pediatric patient and caregiver arrives to the facility and are greeted by an employee wearing a mask. If you do not have a mask to wear, one will be provided to you. Wearing a mask protects both you and the person you encounter from spreading any potential droplets in the air.
- Patient/caregiver will check-in with registration upon arrival.
- Patient and family will sit in a designated waiting area for visit type (well-visit or illness check).
- A nurse will call the patient to the appropriate room for exam type. In most locations, well-child and sick visits each have a designated hallway of exam rooms. Throughout this process, providers and nursing staff will all be masked.
- Patient information is gathered by nursing staff and the initial assessment is completed.
- Provider assesses the patient.
- Once the visit is complete, the patient checks out at the front desk. If there is a line, social distancing should be observed.
- Nursing staff will disinfect all furniture and equipment in the exam room and wait areas.