Holzer Heritage Foundation 2018 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe Raffle Rules and Regulations
Purchase Tickets at the Gift Shop on the first floor of the main entrance of Holzer Gallipolis, or contact Linda Lester, Holzer Heritage Foundation at 740-446-5217.
The 2018 Honda Pioneer Raffle is conducted by Holzer Heritage Foundation (the "Foundation"), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable Ohio corporation. These Rules and Regulations govern the raffle and, by purchasing a raffle ticket, you have agreed to be bound by these Rules and Regulations:
- You must be 18 years of age or older and must qualify under U.S. law to purchase a raffle ticket and participate in this raffle.
- The purchase price for one (1) raffle ticket is $20.00. Entrants can purchase raffle tickets with cash or check, made payable to Holzer Heritage Foundation. If an entrant's check is dishonored by the bank, the entry ticket will be invalid unless full payment is received on or before 7:00 pm September 22, 2018.
- No more than 1,500 tickets will be sold. Any monies turned in after the raffle closes will be returned to the entrant.
- If 1,500 raffle tickets are sold before the raffle closes, each ticket will have a 1500:1 chance in winning. The prize will be a new 2018 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe. The total prize package, inclusive of federal/state tax withholding, is valued at approximately $15,000.00..
- The Winner will be determined by random drawing. The drawing will take place on September 22, 2018, at approximately 8:00 PM (EST) during the Foundation’s annual fundraiser, held in Rio Grande, Ohio. Winner need not be present. Winner will be immediately notified by telephone, email and/or mail.
- Winner will assume and be solely responsible for all licensing, registration, title, insurance, license plate, shipping, and all other applicable fees. The Foundation specifically disclaims all expressed or implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose regarding the 2018 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe.
- If the Foundation has not sold at least 1,000 valid raffle tickets by 7:00 PM (EST) on September 22, 2018 the Foundation may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the raffle to a 50/50 raffle, where the prize will be 50% of raffle proceeds instead of the 2018 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe.
- The winner of the raffle must claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing, by responding to telephone or written notice from the Foundation, such winner will be disqualified and, if applicable, an alternate winner may be selected.
- Any drawing may be postponed due to weather or any state of emergency declared by the state of Ohio or the President of the United States. In such event, a new date, place and time for the drawing will be determined by the Foundation, which will be publicly posted.
- Any and all disputes, claims and controversies concerning this raffle shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration, to be conducted under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association and the Uniform Arbitration Act. The costs of such arbitration shall be split equally among the parties. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on all parties.
- Raffle tickets can be purchased from Foundation Members, employee(s)/agent(s) or Foundation Volunteers. Foundation employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this raffle. However, volunteer Foundation Board Member, Holzer Health System Board Members and employees are eligible to participate.
- All raffle ticket purchases are final and non-refundable. The winner acknowledges and agrees to accept the 2018 Honda Pioneer 700 Deluxe "As-Is" on the date of the drawing. The prize will be displayed at various events and locations and as a result, it may be subject to wear and tear.
- Winner agrees to comply with all IRS regulations regarding raffle winnings. Winner agrees to furnish the Foundation with his/her social security number, verify his/her identity, and sign all required IRS documents before claiming prize.
- Purchasers of raffle tickets must legibly write their full names, addresses, email address, and telephone numbers on each individual raffle ticket stub. If more than one name is stated on a ticket stub, the first listed name shall be the Entrant. Foundation shall, will and can have no obligation for payment or delivery of any prize to any person other than the Entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to allocate any such prize among the participants in any multiple party entry.
- Purchasers of tickets, by participating in the raffle, hereby release the Foundation, its directors, officers, members and agents from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of the receipt, use and/or ownership of any raffle prize, expressly waive any such claim and further agree that the liability, if any, of the Foundation, its directors, officers, members and agents shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. The Foundation makes no express or implied warranty as to the Raffle prize.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash, except as specifically addressed in section 7 of these Rules and Regulations.
- Raffle is void where prohibited.
- Winner agrees to allow the Foundation to publish their name and photographs on the Foundation’s or associated entities’ websites, Facebook page or other public media as appropriate and without further compensation.
- For additional questions, please contact Linda Lester, Holzer Heritage Foundation at 740-446-5217.